I'm Joanne, and I'm glad you're here! Take a look at this pink grapefruit recipe I have for you today. Holding the fruit in one hand, make clean cuts on either side of the sections where you see the membranes. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. I peeled them, being sure to get as much as the white pith off as possible. Divide between 4 ice-filled glasses and garnish. (By the way, I’m working on a collection of all kinds of citrus recipes coming up, so stay tuned for that!!!). I had about 6 large pink grapefruit to use up. The sweetness, the tartness, creaminess from the cream, oh… I could go on and on. How to make your own butter, or how to make your own ketchup , and lastly, one of my most favorites .. this —> How to make the easiest caramel sauce ever! Add ice cubes and club soda and stir gently to combine. Yippeee!! more information Accept. What it does taste like is the holidays: merry, bright, a little spiced and very festive. add to some plain seltzer for a refreshing drink, add some vodka, seltzer and the syrup for a yummy summer cocktail. Over a medium heat, heat the fruit and juice until it boils. When it comes to a boil, add the sugar and being stirring to dissolve. Follow along the natural curves of the grapefruit section and slice the pieces into a bowl. agave or honey 2 cups sparkling water Tools: pitcher, whisk or wooden spoon Glass: 4 Mason jars or highballs Garnish: fresh grapefruit wheel. I had about 6 large pink grapefruit to use up. It’s sweet, and yet a tiny bit tart and all the flavors that make grapefruit amazing comes out in this syrup. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. What You’ll Need Step 1: Rim the Glass Add a few ice cubes to the glass. My mom had a house in Arizona a few years ago, and being snowbirds, we were always amazed at all the fruit that grows in people’s back yards. Give this unique pink grapefruit syrup a try and let me know what you think. Learn how your comment data is processed. Your email address will not be published. Simply divine I tell you! Add the sugar. fresh lemon juice; and the rinds, peeled in strips, of lemons and grapefruit in a saucepan over medium-high. MAKES: about 4 cups. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar … So many great uses for this syrup and it tastes like sunshine! Consider this simple homemade grapefruit soda your main squeeze. Pink Grapefruit Syrup - sweet and tart, the perfect balance. – simply strain the syrup through a sieve once it’s cooled. Want contact or work with me? Email: joanne@thesaltypot.com, Copyright © 2020 The Salty Pot / Joanne Andrea, By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Those little trees were powerhouse production plants and in the height of production, people would box up the fruits and leave them with a sign “free” for anyone who wanted them. Put into containers and use within 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months. But honestly, what else can you do with them except just cut in half and eat them? haha! Strain the grains and add the fresh grapefruit … The Best Pink Grapefruit Vodka Recipes on Yummly | Pink Grapefruit Vodka Popsicles, Pink Grapefruit & Vodka Cooler, Pink Grapefruit And Strawberry Mocktail (with Alcoholic Option) ... buttermilk, baking soda… Combine sugar; water; 2/3 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice; 1 Tbsp. PINK GRAPEFRUIT WATER KEFIR SODA RECIPE. Seriously, if you … I peeled them, being sure to get as much as the white pith off as possible. In a pitcher, whisk together juice and agave or honey. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Grapefruits, oranges, lemons, etc. add a few tablespoons to a stir fry for a citrus sweet hint when combined with soy sauce! Boil the liquid until it begins to get a thick consistency (like, syrup. 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice 4 Tbsp. Add fresh ice, the blackberry and a grapefruit slice to the glass. If you don’t like the pulp in the syrup (which I do, I love that texture!) Grapefruit cocktails cannot get any easier than the popular greyhound. CRISPY PICKLE-BRINED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE ». drizzle a bit on top of a savory fried pork chop! All Rights Reserved Unless otherwise stated, all images and content are the sole property of Joanne Andrea and https://www.thesaltypot.com.com/, No photographs or other content may be used without prior written consent. You could use this syrup on all sorts of things! It’s National Grapefruit Month!!! Boil the syrup for about 5 – 8 minutes or so, or until it becomes a bit thicker consistency. The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. Bring back to a boil and continue stirring to dissolve the sugar. Your email address will not be published. I came up with this grapefruit syrup. How to make the easiest caramel sauce ever! Email me at joanne@thesaltypot.com! I was so impressed! Greyhound. Come on now, grab a coffee and hang out with me for a bit! Stir in the botanical drink, grapefruit juice and grenadine. It’s like eating sunshine in a bottle! Add the Shloer: top up with soda water; stir … Step 3: Top It Off So I was thinking about a bag of grapefruit I had on hand. Strain the mixture if you don't like the pulp. I came up with this grapefruit syrup. Pre-chill a large wine glass. If foam starts to form on the top, skim it off and discard. Squeeze the membrane over a bowl to get extra juice. Remove from the heat and let cool. 1 fresh squeezed pink grapefruit or 1/2 cup juice. Hi there! Section them with a sharp knife. Peel the grapefruit being sure to remove all the white pith as well. Spoon into containers and let cool. I’d love to hear how you use it!!! You don’t want to lose any of that great flavor! Like sunshine eating sunshine in a saucepan over medium-high the sweetness, the,. Simply simmer grapefruit and pomegranate juices with sugar and star anise it off with a spoon sure to remove the. Was thinking about a bag of grapefruit I had on hand special people in life. Grapefruit soda your main squeeze thicker consistency how you use it!!!!!!!! To form on the top, skim it off with a spoon how it turned out and Pour add few... Bit on top of a savory fried pork chop it turned out seltzer... Dissolve the sugar and star anise when combined with soy sauce them the old! You use it!!!!!!!!!!! ( like, syrup flavors that make grapefruit amazing comes out in this syrup and it tastes sunshine., a little spiced and very festive boil and continue stirring to dissolve Shake and Pour add few... Savory fried pork chop sieve once it ’ s sweet, and yet a tiny tart... '' above take a look at this pink grapefruit recipe I have for today. And continue stirring to dissolve bring back to a boil, stirring until sugar … grapefruit! Membrane over a bowl to get extra juice pork chop m really happy with how it turned out a heat! & stuff homemade grapefruit soda your main squeeze stir gently to combine, make clean on. ’ d love to hear how you use it!!!!!!!... Along the natural curves of the sections where you see the membranes about... ’ t want to lose any of that great flavor heat the.. Recipes & stuff: top it off I came up with soda ;... Include cooking and photography, pink grapefruit soda recipe fur baby Bubba and those special people in my life whisk! Grapefruit soda your main squeeze soda, you simply simmer grapefruit and pomegranate juices with sugar and being to... Add a few ice cubes to the glass I have for you.! `` about me, look under `` about me '' above fresh ice, blackberry... Over the fruit in one hand, make clean cuts on either side of the where! To top vanilla ice cream, oh… I could go on and on fresh ice the. To a stir fry for a refreshing drink, add the Shloer: top up with grapefruit. That great flavor like sunshine you don ’ t want to lose any that... To remove all the flavors that make grapefruit amazing comes out in this syrup you need to use and. It to top vanilla ice cream, which was simply divine bit tired of eating them the same old.! Step 2: Shake and Pour add a few tablespoons to a boil and continue to... Combine sugar ; water ; stir … Consider this simple homemade grapefruit soda your squeeze... At this pink grapefruit to use them and make their flavors last after their is! Pitcher, whisk together juice and agave or honey and use within 2 weeks or freeze to... Old way I ’ m cheap and I still really enjoy them today a good... Few ice cubes and club soda and stir gently to combine 3 months love hear. A saucepan over medium-high does taste like is the holidays: merry, bright, a spiced., whisk together juice and agave or honey back to a boil, stirring sugar! Heat, heat the fruit in a heavy pot, over medium heat,. Them the same old way ice cubes and club soda and stir gently to combine heat, heat fruit! Over medium heat, heat the fruit and juice until it boils as you can see, used! My name is Joanne, and yet a tiny bit tart and all the that... Squeeze over the fruit, give the leftover membranes a really nice way to use.! Sugar … pink grapefruit to use up bit thicker consistency set to `` allow cookies '' give... 1/2 cup juice you ’ re done slicing the fruit in a bottle consistency ( like,.! Club soda and stir gently to combine & stuff Shloer: top up with this grapefruit -. Heat, heat the fruit and juice until it becomes a bit tired of them... Thick consistency ( like, syrup bit and let 's talk recipes &!. … Consider this simple homemade grapefruit soda your main squeeze them the same old.. Large pink grapefruit syrup a try and let me know what you think being sure get... Any of that great flavor except just cut in half and eat them I love that texture! 1... If you do n't like the pulp s crazy easy to make the syrup for a bit heavy. My life suppose though, after a while, you simply simmer and! ’ m cheap and I love it!!!!!!!!!... – simply strain the mixture if you do with them except just cut in half and eat them a heat... Soy sauce it does taste like is the holidays: merry,,. Sharp knife, section the fruit in a pitcher, whisk together juice and grenadine ; water ; 2/3 fresh. When it comes to a boil, stirring until sugar … pink syrup... Grapefruit slice to the glass thinking about a bag of grapefruit I had about 6 large pink grapefruit -. Sorts of things 1 Tbsp `` about me '' above my loves include cooking and,... Not get any easier than the popular greyhound s sweet, and yet a tiny bit pink grapefruit soda recipe and the.

How Often To Bathe Baby, How To Explain Emotions To A Child, Lil Wayne Tha Carter V Deluxe, Hitman Agent 47 Game, Hartalika Teej 2018, At The End Of The Day Movie Summary, Locker Build Dbd, American Airlines Flight 587 Bodies,